analogue kick drum generator
The Kick Lancet is a handy analogue percussion synthesizer with priority to kick-drum sounds – you might have expected this.
The heart of the Kick Lancet’s sound structure is an analogue oscillator that produces sine- and square waves, which can be blend seamless from one to the other. Two independent envelope generators with a decay/release phase can modulate the oscillator’s frequency and the VCA. Additionally the VCO pitch can be modulated by the fast LFO (3Hz to 3kHz, triangle). Noise and a pulse signal can be added in the MIXER section. And we have a BALLS controller for making it really big.
The Kick Lancet can be triggered by MIDI but beside that there are three different trigger inputs:
- GATE: A gate impulse can trigger the Kick Lancet in normal way, with additional accent or completely dynamical depending on the incoming voltage.
- SWITCH: Simply short current trigger (i.e. momentary foot switch).
- AUDIO: Offers the possibility to trigger the Kick Lancet by an audio signal – static or dynamically. Also drum pads can be connected here.
- DECAY – controls decay time of VCA
- PITCH – oscillator frequency
- BEND – envelope intensity (pitch)
- TIME – BEND envelope speed
- FM FREQ – LFO frequency
- FM INT – LFO intensity (pitch)
- ATTACK – adds a pulse to the signal
- NOISE – adds noise to the signal
- WAVE – mixes between sine- and square waveform
- BALLS – more fatness!
- MIDI (note number an channel can be assigned freely)
- SWITCH Trigger
- AUDIO Trigger
- GATE voltage (dynamically)
Measurements & Weight
- width: ca. 210 mm
- depth: ca. 145 mm
- height: ca. 55 mm
- weight: ca. 600 g
Patch sheet for "storing" your favorite Kick Lancet sound